E-Safety - Green Gates Academy
Children and young people are likely to be as good as, if not better than, their parents at using the Internet. However, being good at using technology does not mean they have the life-experience and wisdom to handle all of the situations they can come across.
Children and young people are prone to the same kinds of risks (including spam and scam emails, fraud and identity theft) as everybody else. However, there are also other, more sinister threats that may result from going online, such as inappropriate contact from people who may wish to abuse, exploit or bully them, and exposure to inappropriate material.
Click the following links for more information:
- Child Friendly adventures with the SMART Crew
- BBC E-Safety link, with clips from ‘Horrible Histories’
- Kidsmart website, great activities, guidance and advice for children and adults
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre
- Department for Education – Principles of E-Safety
- Cleveland police 'Stay Safe Online' leaflet
- Children's guide to staying safe online
- Parent's digital safety and well-being kit